- As part of an inspiring team (you can either work in Zürich, Basel or Berne), you are responsible for some of our most important applications. You are ready to take a leading role with the implementation of new applications and application components.
- As an engineer, you are responsible to define technical requirements and to implement (and document) the system. You collaborate with other teams, experts and business stakeholders to find the optimal solution.
- You ensure reliable and efficient operational processes for business-critical applications. This includes implementing high available and resilient application architectures and a responsibility for the ALM process - change, incident and problem management, troubleshooting in context of 2nd level support, updates and system patching.
- Where required, you coordinate and collaborate with internal and external partners (global dev- & ops teams, handover to 3rd level support, vendor management).
- You have a higher-education degree in computer science (HF/FH) or comparable practical experience.
- You are experienced with setup, maintenance and support of Windows-based applications and bring a profound experience with implementation and operations of highly complex applications in the role of a system/application engineer.
- You have a good working knowledge about "basics" like platform-, network- and security-engineering. And you have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You have worked with a broad range of technologies and products on MS Windows. Examples for this include: i) MS Windows itself, e.g. automated setup and deployment of applications, monitoring applications and processes, ii) Active Directory, e.g. AD Federation, Integration with web applications and client-/server applications, iii) Web based application using IIS and MS SQL, including related services like SSRS/SSIS
- You are passionate about automation. This may include deployment automation using tools like Terraform, Ansible or Puppet. And/or you may have experience with CI/CD automation using VSTS or Azure DevOps (or other pipeline management tools).
- You have a "can do" attitude and welcome new challenges. This means you are ready to take responsibility from day one and go the extra mile to be successful.
- You are fluent (written and spoken) in English. German language skills are preferred but not a must.
Your prospects and benefits
Your opportunities for development
At PwC, you can develop both personally and professionally. That’s why 7% of our revenue is spent on staff training and further education.Learn more
Bei uns kannst du dich entfalten und weiterentwickeln – persönlich und beruflich. Daher investieren wir sieben Prozent unseres Jahresumsatzes in die persönliche Entwicklung sowie in die Aus- und Weiterbildung unserer Mitarbeitenden.Learn more
Our culture and our values
In Switzerland we have over 3,300 employees from 78 countries, which means our people are as diverse as our ideas. Together, we define and live the values that shape us: personal and professional, economic and ecological, social and ethical. And the people we work for are just as diverse as the people who work for us.Learn more
Take the next step!
Robert JacsmanRecruitment Team
Tel. +41 58 792 16 24
Who we are – PwC as an employer
At PwC, we create value for both our people and clients in Assurance, Tax & Legal, Consulting, Deals and Digital Services. And you can do the same. Want to make an impact and shape the future of a leading professional services firm? Are you passionate and ready to embrace change? Then you've got what it takes to reimagine the possible.
Everyone's career path is unique. That's why PwC offers countless personal and professional development opportunities that fit with your aspirations, supporting you to grow your own way – so you can become everything you want to be and more.